Friday, July 22, 2011

What's in a name?

I used to eat Ding Dongs when I was a kid and a while back I picked up some of these yummy treats, and they are not how I remembered them.  There is overall less creamy goodness inside, and they seem smaller.  Oh well, they were still somewhat tasty, but not quite the same.

Worse yet, the name changed lots of times from when I was younger…but, to this day, I am not sure why all the name changes.
For example we have...













and

Note that they still have the King mascot…













I used to love the foil wrapping on these things…I remember it being thinner than dollar store toilet paper…
If you lived outside of the mid-west US, you probably had these instead of the King Dons.  (Also known as Big Cheifs)

 

And just for those who are completely lost, look it up

Anyway, I took some to work, and opened one up for a championship breakfast.  And after taking the “not-foil” wrapping off, I noticed something…my yummy treat was frowning at me!  Here for everyone to see, is the offending cake…


I thought it was a fluke, and so I ate it without much compunction .  But, began to wonder a few things. 1.) That was kinda small, and I am still hungry. And 2.) If I opened another one, would it frown at me as well?  Short answer…yes!


Out of the 12 pastries in the box, only 2 were not frowning.  You would think that they would have accepted their fate within someone’s belly…making others happy.  But, no, they had to go and try to ruin a nostalgia fun filled experience…well I ate them anyways, take that you cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment